Terms and Conditions
The City of Los Angeles presents the information on the re:code LA website ("Site") to provide information to City residents and to receive comments regarding the City's Zoning Code.
The City of Los Angeles may update the Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notice by posting a new version at http://recode.la. The information on this site and your use of it is subject to the most recent version of the Terms and Conditions posted.
The City of Los Angeles is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or other contamination of your system nor for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions arising out of your use of the Site or with respect to the material contained on the Site, including without limitation, any material posted on the Site.
This Site and all materials contained on it are distributed and transmitted "as is" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The City of Los Angeles is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the Site and/or the materials contained on the Site whether the materials contained on the Site are provided by the City of Los Angeles, or a third party.
DISCLAIMER OF ENDORSEMENT
This Site may contain information and comments posted by a member of the public. Information posted by third parties and users on re:code LA are the opinion of the user or commenter only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, the City of Los Angeles, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the City of Los Angeles.
We do not collect personal information about you when you visit our Site unless you choose to provide that information to us by creating an account.
We collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available automatically whenever you visit a Site. This information includes the Internet Address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
We use the aggregated information from all of our visitors to measure server performance, analyze user traffic patterns and improve the content of our site.
We sometimes track the keywords that are entered into our search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
Some of our online services require you to register for an account. We ask you for some personal information in order to create an account and we will use that information to provide the service. For certain services, such as our MapIt or MarkUp functions, we enable you to upload images and comments.
CONDITIONS OF USE
This Site is to provide information about re:code LA and to receive comments regarding the City's Zoning Code. re:code LA and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, move, or remove any Content that is available via the Site and which violates these Terms and Conditions.
Comments posted to this Site are public and no right of privacy should be expected. Any information provided to this Site is subject to disclosure under the California Public Records Act.
You understand that all information, data, text, graphics or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated.
This means that you, and not the City of Los Angeles, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Site. re:code LA does not control the Content posted via the Site and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content.
Under no circumstances will the City of Los Angeles be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Site.
You agree to not use the Site to:
1) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that: is obscene or includes sexual content and or language; promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or national origin; are defamatory attacks; or is in support of, or in opposition to any candidates for elective office or ballot measures; or encourages illegal activity.
2) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site;
3) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or other relationships;
4) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
5) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," or any other form of solicitation for any business or product;
6) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or any conduct that tends to compromise the City's systems;
7) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in discussions or exchanges;
8) interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
9) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law,
10) threaten, "stalk" or otherwise harass another; and/or
11) collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs above.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that re:code LA may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content as provided to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
(a) comply with legal process;
(b) enforce the Terms and Conditions;
(c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties;
(d) respond to your requests for customer service; and/or
(e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of re:code LA, its users and the public.
CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SITE
re:code LA does not claim ownership of Content you submit through or post on the Site. However, with respect to Content you submit, you hereby and irrevocably grant the City of Los Angeles a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license, with the right to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, make derivative works from, publicly perform and publicly display such Content, in whole or in part, on the Site or other publications or works by the City of Los Angeles and its consultants, agents and assigns in any media whether now existing or which come into the existence in the future.
If you have any questions, issues or concerns regarding this Site or have additional comments, please contact:
Tom Rothmann, Senior Planner
City of Los Angeles
Department of City Planning
200 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
By email: [email protected]
Copyright 2013 City of Los Angeles, except for third party materials. All editorial and creative assets on this web site are protected by US and international copyright laws. All rights reserved. For permission to use, please contact the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office.